In certain cases, simply providing the client's name may not be sufficient. For instance, when filling out medical or other documents, or when attempting to simplify searches within the client database for individuals with similar names. By specifying the client's full name in the designated field, it will be displayed in notifications to the client, reviews in the online booking widget, and the Altegio interface for all employees.
To address these concerns, Altegio now provides an option to include the client's surname and middle name. This eliminates the need to create additional fields or include full names in the “Name” field. Separate fields have been added for the surname and middle name fields, allowing for greater accuracy and clarity when inputting client information.
You have the option to enable or disable the display of surname and middle name fields in the Appointment Calendar settings. Additionally, you can control access rights to determine who can view the surname and middle name of clients.
The surname and middle name fields are displayed in the following sections and modules:
• Appointment details (appointment and client data)
• Group event window
• Appointment Calendar
• Clients > Client Database section (client’s card)
• Product Sales window
• Inventory > Inventory operations (list of inventory operations)
• Overview > Summary section
• Overview > Bookings section
• Overview > Reviews section
• Finance > Financial transactions section
• Finance > Documents section
To display the surname and middle name fields, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the "Settings" section.
2. Under the "Main settings" title choose the "Appointment Calendar" option.
3. Within the "Customer full name" section, select the necessary boxes to ensure the desired fields are displayed.
You have the option to enable the display of both fields (surname and middle name) or only one. Depending on the access rights settings, users may only see the client's name and the first letter of their surname, or they may see the client's full name. You can read more about setting permissions in this article below.
4. Click the "Save" button below to save your changes.
Once you've set up the Appointment Calendar, new fields - "Surname" and "Middle name" - will appear next to the "Name" field in the Client Database section.
• Currently, this functionality is only available on the web version of Altegio.
• The feature is still being finalized and there are plans to add surname and middle name fields to other areas of the system, including the online booking widget, Excel uploads and downloads, the chain interface, and the mobile app for employees.
• It's important to note that the %NAME% variable in notifications only includes the name, not the surname and middle name fields.
To ensure that the surname and middle name fields are displayed in the Altegio interface, you need to configure the user's access rights accordingly. If a user does not have the necessary permissions to view the client's full name, they will not see the middle name and only the first letter of the surname will be visible to them. For example, a client named Carol Jackson would be displayed as Carol J. for that user.
To set access rights:
1. Navigate to Settings > System settings > Users section.
2. Click on the user's name and proceed to the "Access rights" tab.
3. Set the access rights according to the user's role:
• To view, add, and edit a client's surname and middle name, the user must have permission enabled in the "Client Database" section - "Edit client surname and middle name" field.
• For the user to only see the client's surname and middle name in the Altegio interface, the access right "Client Database" > "View client surname and middle name" is required.
4. Click the "Save" button below to save your settings.
In the bookings within the Appointment Calendar, only the name and the first letter of the surname are displayed, regardless of the user's access rights settings.