Work schedule (Staff)
To establish a work schedule for your employees, you'll need to complete the Information, Additional information, and Settings sections and assign services. Once these steps are done, you can proceed to schedule your employees.
There are different ways to set schedules for your staff, including:
- Through the Settings — Main settings —Work Schedule section.
- Through the Settings > Main settings > Staff section.
- Via the Appointment Calendar.
In this article, we'll focus on the second approach.
To set up a work schedule for your employees, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Main settings > Staff section.
- Select an employee by clicking their name or the Day schedule button, and then configure the schedule in the Schedule tab.
- Here, you have three options for configuring the schedule:
a. Use the autofill template to quickly set up the schedule.
b. Manually edit the schedule to customize it according to your needs.
c. Copy the schedule for the upcoming weeks to save time.
The autofill template feature is useful for setting schedules for employees who work in shifts. Here's how to use it:
1. In the Schedule section, select the desired work schedule, such as 2 workdays and 2 days off.
2. In the Starting section, select the start date for the schedule. You can also select the week you want to start setting the schedule from in the calendar on the left.
3. In the working hours section, specify the start and end time of the workday for the employee.
4. In the Set for section, specify the number of weeks you want to copy this schedule for.
5. Once you're done, click the "Save and fill schedule" button to save the changes.
This method allows you to configure any schedule, even the most complex and irregular one. However, it's not recommended for employees whose workday spans from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
To manually edit the schedule:
- In the Schedule table, mark the staff member's working hours using circles. Click the square at the intersection of the day of the week and the hour column to place a gray circle in it.
- Once you're done, click the "Save" button to save the changes.
Copying the schedule for the weeks ahead
This option enables you to copy the schedule of the current week to future weeks. For instance, if you have already set work days for an employee on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., then these same working days will be automatically copied to future weeks.
Deleting the schedule
This allows you to delete all working hours for the week selected.
1. In the calendar in the top left corner highlight the week needed.
2. Click the Clear schedule for the week, then click the Save button.
3. To clear the schedule for future weeks, click Copy schedule for - weeks ahead.
4. Don’t forget to click the Save button.