What is it and what is it for?
To access Altegio, employees must be registered as users with unique identifiers such as their email and mobile phone number. Any employee of the company such as the owner, admin, stylist, doctor, or accountant can be a user of Altegio. To ensure the security of the company's data, it is important to configure different access levels depending on the employee's role.
It's important to distinguish between two types of users in Altegio:
- New User - A user who has not been added to Altegio before and has never booked online.
- Existing User - A user that had already been added to Altegio.
Example: the admin worked at the main company's location and was a user of Altegio main location, and then was transferred to the second location.
How to set up users
1. In the Settings — System settings — Users section click the Invite users button.
2. Enter the Name and Phone number or Email of the user or several users (if you invite an existing user, specify the number or email used to log into Altegio) and click the Invite users button. Invited users are displayed in a separate tab in the Settings — System settings — Users section. You’ll be able to Invite again or Revoke invitation in the same tab.
If you have not connected an aggregator, invitations by phone number will not be received. In such cases, users need to be invited via email.
3. The user will receive an SMS or an email with an invitation link that they need to follow to be added to the location.
4. After clicking the link, new and existing users will be directed to different pages.
5. You can configure access rights (what functions of Altegio are available) for invited users immediately after sending the invitation link.
User rights can be determined by employee’s job responsibilities and which sections of Altegio you would like to display or hide from them and which functions to give access to.
Setting access rights gives you the ability to control what employees with access to Altegio can do. In Altegio, only owners and designated head employees have the permission to invite or remove new and existing users. If you wish to invite or remove a user, please discuss with them and contact an authorized employee to make the necessary changes. This ensures that only authorized personnel have access to and control over user accounts in Altegio.
Read about access rights in detail here.
Altegio works both with separate locations and chains that have more than one location (read more about this here). Chains have separate user access rights which you can configure in the Settings - Users section of the Chain interface (read more here).