What is it and what is it for?
With Altegio you can automatically write off consumables when providing services. To do this, you need to create bills of materials and assign them to services.
Make sure that you’ve created products in the Inventory — Products section before creating bills of materials.
Configuration and editing
1. To get started, go to the Inventory — Bills of materials section. There you’ll be able to create, edit, and delete bills of materials.
2. To add a new bill of materials, click the Add a bill of materials button (read more on this subject in the Creating and configuring a new bill of materials article).
3. To edit a bill of materials, click its name or the Edit button.
4. In the new window that opens you can edit information about the bill of materials:
- change the name and/or comment
- change products storages and/or the amount of consumables that will be written off according to this bill
- add the consumable material and/or remove it.
5. Be sure to click Save once you’re done.
6. Click the Delete button to delete a bill of materials.
Assigning bills of materials to services
In order to assign a bill of materials to a service, you must associate it with the specific employee who will be providing that service. This step is crucial because it allows you to accurately track consumables even if different employees use varying amounts of consumables to provide the same service.
There are several ways to assign a bill of materials to a service.
Using the quick editing option in the Services section
Go to the Settings — Main settings — Services section and open a category with a service you want to assign a bill of materials to. In the Bill of materials column, select a bill of materials from the drop-down list in the line of a service needed. This will assign a bill of materials to all employees that provide this service.
In a service’s settings
Go to the Settings — Main settings — Services section. Open the category with a service needed and select a service by clicking either its name or the Edit button.
1. In the new window that opens go to the Staff tab and click the Add staff button.
2. Select a staff member, specify Duration for the service and assign a bill of materials for a service. This way you can assign different bills of materials to different employees.
3. Click the Save button.
In an employee’s settings
Go to the Settings — Main settings — Staff section. Select a staff member by clicking either their name or the Edit services button.
In the Services tab, add the categories and services this employee will provide.
1. Click the Add category button, select a category from the drop-down list, click Save, and then open the category by clicking its name. In the new window that opens, check the boxes next to services you want to assign to this employee.
2. Indicate the Duration of services and assign bills of materials for them. This way you can assign different bills of materials to different employees.
If you need to write off an amount of consumables different than the one indicated in the bill of materials, you can do this in the Consumables used tab in the Booking window.