To create group bookings for your clients, you'll need to follow these steps:
1. Configure your Appointment Calendar in the "Settings" > "Main settings" > "Appointment Calendar" section (click here to learn more).
2. Select and configure services for group bookings by going to the "Settings" > "Main settings" > "Services" section. Choose the relevant service and click the "Edit" button. In the "Main settings" tab, select "Event" as the booking type and specify the capacity for the service (i.e., the number of participants for each event). Be sure to click "Save" to apply your changes.
To create a group booking event, simply open the Appointment Calendar and select the desired date and staff member. Then, choose the time slot you wish to book and click on the "New Booking" green line.
- Select Event booking type.
Indicate the following information:
2. Select the relevant staff member (the staff member you created this event for will be selected by default.).
3. Choose the relevant service and the capacity for the event (this will be automatically indicated based on the service settings, but can be edited if necessary).
4. Select the necessary resources for the event. You can assign multiple resources by clicking on the downward arrow button in the "Resource" field and selecting the resources from the list. To remove a resource, simply uncheck the corresponding box.
5. Adjust the date and time of the event if necessary.
6. Edit the duration of the event if necessary (this will also be automatically indicated based on the service settings).
7. Optionally, choose a color for the booking and add categories and comments as needed.
After you have finished configuring the details for your group booking event, be sure to save your changes by clicking either the "Save" button or the "Register clients" button. By choosing the "Save" option, you can save your settings and return to booking clients later. If you choose the "Register clients" option, you'll be redirected to the "Clients" tab where you can immediately begin booking clients for this event.
Additionally, you can click the "Go to Schedule" button to configure the schedule for this event. For more detailed instructions on how to do this, please refer to this article on scheduling.
Editing an event and making bookings for clients
If you need to modify or remove an event, you can easily do so from the Appointment Calendar. Simply select the relevant event from the calendar, click on it, and navigate to the "Current event" tab. From there, you can edit the event details as needed and save your changes. If you wish to delete the event, you can do so by clicking on the "Delete" button located in the same tab.
Alternatively, you can also delete events from the "Overview - Events" section. For more information on how to do this, please click here.
Once you have set up your event, you can begin making bookings for your clients. To do so, either click the "Register clients" button or navigate to the "Clients" tab.
Next, enter the client's information in the window that appears. This will include their name, phone number, email address, and loyalty card or gift card number. If the client is booking for multiple people using a single phone number, be sure to indicate the correct number of spots. Once all the information has been entered, click the "Enroll" button to complete the booking process.
Once you've entered client information, you can view their details in the Clients list.
From the Clients tab, you can:
• View the number of visits for each client by hovering your cursor over the "Information" button.
• Edit client information by clicking on their name and opening the "Appointment details" window. (For more information on how to work with this window, please refer to our "Working with appointments" article).
• Change the visit status and proceed to payment with just one click. Simply click on the downward arrow button or any other spot in the client's line to make changes.
Booking a visitor for an event
If you need to make a booking for a child or another person who doesn't have their own phone number, you can still do so by using the phone number of your primary client. Simply enter the name of the visitor in the booking details and indicate the correct number of spots for the appointment.
To view the history of visits or other information related to a visitor, you can click on the name of the client who was used to make the booking. This will open the client's card, where you can access details about all bookings made for this client.
Repeating and scheduling events
If you frequently host recurring events, you can save time by using the automatic repeat feature. This feature allows you to avoid creating a new event in the Appointment Calendar every time, and also allows you to save events together with bookings and information on clients.
When creating a new event, the "Schedule" tab will be displayed by default. However, you can switch between tabs to access other settings as needed. For detailed instructions on how to set up your schedule, please refer to our article on scheduling here.
The main difference between the "Schedule" and "Repeat" tabs is that the "Schedule" tab allows you to create a linked chain of events that can be edited simultaneously, while the "Repeat" tab simply copies an existing event to create separate events using templates.
To create a repeat template, navigate to the "Repeat" tab within the event settings.
• Begin by giving the template a name and selecting how often you would like the event to be repeated. Once you have done so, click the "Create Template" button to save the template for future use.
• Next, specify the Start repeat date and Time for the event, as well as the maximum number of iterations or End date for the repetition. Additionally, you can choose whether to include or exclude enrolled clients from the repeated events.
Once you have configured all of the necessary settings, click "Save" to create the template.
After this repeated events will appear in the Appointment Calendar.
If you need to delete events (e.g. you created an extra number of repetitions, don’t have enough clients to form a group, etc.) you can delete them in bulk in the Overview — Events section (read more about this here).