What is it and what is it for?
In the Clients — Client Database section, you can access information about all the clients who have ever visited your business. This list provides key information such as their names, contact details, total amount spent, discounts availed, number of visits made, and the dates of their first and last visit.
Your client database will be automatically created when you schedule appointments in the Appointment Calendar or when clients book appointments online. This database makes it easy to search for and access a client's full history of visits with just a few clicks.
Using various filters, you can easily generate a list of clients that meet specific criteria. For more information on how to use filters, check out this article on working with them.
With Altegio, you can easily award discounts to clients and add them to specific categories automatically. You have complete control over creating and setting the categories and rules for each one.
If you have multiple locations, Altegio allows you to work with a single client database across the network. To learn more about how to use this feature, check out the article on working with a shared client database.
Working with Client Database
Information about your clients
To find a list of all your clients go to the Clients — Client Database section. In this list, the information in the Name column is clickable and opens a window with the client's card where you can find detailed information about the client. To learn more about the information available in the client's card, click here.
You’ll be able to configure the client list according to your needs:
- The cog icon in the header of the table will open a menu with a list of all columns available. You can hide columns with information you don’t need at the moment.
- The lock icon allows you to lock in the order of the columns (no more than five columns).
- You can arrange information in the columns by clicking the header of the column. The arrow will indicate the order of that arrangement.
This feature is particularly useful when you need to identify clients who haven't visited you in a while or those who bring in the most revenue. To search for specific clients, simply enter their name, phone number, email address, or card number in the search bar and click the "Show" button. This will help you quickly locate the desired information in your Client Database.
You can add clients to the Database not only by making appointments in the Appointment Calendar. In the Client Database section you can manually add clients. To do that click the Add a client button (read about creating a client’s card in detail here). You can also upload a list of clients using the Excel operations button (read about this in more detail here).
Actions with client database
Using the Client Database section you can perform mass mailing, send notifications, delete clients from the database, add clients to categories and download information as Excel spreadsheet.
To perform an action for all clients just click the "Action" button and select the option you want from the list.
You can perform actions with all clients in the database or just the selected ones. To select a certain client check the box next to their name and after that all actions will be performed only for clients you selected.
1. Send a message. To send an SMS enter the text, check the box next to the I have read and understand the responsibility for violation of the current legislation setting, click the Send button. You can view messages you sent in the Overview — Messages section (read about this section in this article).
You can change the settings for messaging channels in the Settings — Notifications — Types of notifications section in the Mass mailing type.
You can configure a list of messaging channels for a specific client in their card.
2. PUSH messages. To send a PUSH message enter the text and click Send.
PUSH messages to the mobile app will be sent to clients who have the mobile app installed. You’ll see the exact number of such clients in the pop-up.
Also you can send PUSH messages to electronic cards for clients who have them.
3. Add to category. You can add clients to existing categories as well as create a new category right in this section. To do that enter the name and select color for the category. Category you create will appear in the Clients — Client Categories section afterwards.
4. Remove from database. You can delete clients from your database. To confirm removal type DELETE in the field and click Delete.
You can download information about clients as an Excel spreadsheet. To do that, click the Excel Operations — Download as Excel button in the top right corner.
Client database can be downloaded through email only. A user will receive an email with a link to download the file. You’ll be able to see who asked for what data and when in Altegio using the data log which can be found in the Overview — Data log section. Using data logs you’ll be able to receive the files for download if you have access rights for this section.