What is it and what is it for?
Sometimes there are situations when you need to make additional/extra payments to the employee without forming a payroll sheet. That’s why there is an option of Priority payments. These payments will be shown in the settlements with an employee table and will be added up to other payroll payments.
What types of priority payments are there?
1. Bonuses and penalties. They can be issued for various reasons that you set yourself. For instance, a reward for clients that returned, never running late, good work, etc. Penalties for being late, job poorly done, ruined equipment, etc.
For more regular occurrences you can create templates of bonuses and penalties for you to select specific types in the future. You can read more about creating them here.
2. Any payments that aren’t included in the calculation chart. This can be vacation allowance, bonuses for outstanding performance that cannot be put into the template.
How to create a priority payment?
Go to Payroll - Settlements section, select the period and an employee for the payment, click the Create a priority payment button.
1. Indicate the Date and time of the payment.
2. Indicate the Type of payment: extra charge, bonus or penalty. If selecting bonus or penalty indicate their type.
3. Select an Employee for the payment.
4. Indicate the Amount of payment (if you selected Extra charge type). If you selected bonus or penalty the sum of payment will be automatically taken from the template. If you need to, you can change that amount.
5. Add a Comment.
6. Click the Save button.