What it is and what it is for
The bank charges a commission in the amount of fixed percentage for each card payment, this percentage is deducted from the company's revenue. For more detailed accounting of expenses you can set up automatic commission deduction after receiving card payment.
When a transaction is successful, the corresponding operation appears in the list of financial transactions. On the page of the financial transaction for writing off the commission for acquiring, you can follow the link to the main transaction for the service/purchase and back.
To view the operation of debiting the acquiring fee, configure the user access rights to transaction types in the Finance section. Grant the user access rights to all types of transactions, or, if only to the selected ones, then check the Acquiring fee item.
1. Go to the Finance – Accounts and cash registers section and select a card payment account (see the instructions for creating and configuring a cash register in the article).
2. To enable commission accounting, check the Automatically write off commission in favor of the acquiring bank box in the settings.
3. Specify the Commission percentage (2 decimal places are supported).
4. If necessary, select a supplier.
5. Click the Save button.
1. When changing the amount of the original transaction, the amount in the transaction with the commission automatically changes.
2. When changing the commission percentage in the card payment account settings, the new commission is applied only to new transactions.
3. When changing the cash register in the original financial transaction:
- if you change the cash register with a commission to a cash register without a commission, the commission write-off operation is deleted;
- if you change one cash register with a commission to another cash register with a commission, the cash register changes in the commission write-off operation;
- if you change one cash register without commission to another cash register without commission and, no changes occur;
- if you change a cash register without a commission to a cash register with a commission, a commission write-off operation is created according to the original operation.
4. When changing the date/time of the original transaction, the date of the related commission write-off transaction changes.
5. When the payment item is changed from earnings to expenditure in the original transaction, the associated commission write-off operation is deleted.