Altegio streamlines communication by enabling notifications and updates to both new and regular customers about available services and special discounts. It offers timely appointment reminders and post-visit feedback requests. Additionally, it keeps employees informed about client appointments, including any changes or cancellations. To leverage these features, users must configure the notification types and select their preferred communication channels (SMS, Email, PUSH) within the system.
Setting up notifications and sending channels
Altegio enables sending notifications to employees, administrators, and clients through various events and channels.
1. To set up notifications, navigate to “Settings” > “System settings” > “Notifications”.
2. In the “Types of notifications” tab, you can configure and toggle notifications on or off. These notifications are triggered by specific events. Here, you can also edit message templates, choose sending channels, and arrange their sequence.
For more information on notification types, refer to the articles “Types of notifications” and “Types of notifications and configuring their templates”.
This article will provide a detailed overview of each sending channel.
SMS and Chatbots
1. Connect an SMS aggregator or chatbot through the Marketplace by going to Integrations > Notifications in the main menu.
2. Click on the service icon. On the page that appears, review the functionality details of the SMS aggregator or chatbot.
3. If the service meets your needs, click the “Connect” button on the right side of the page.
4. Proceed by following the provided steps.
Configuring email notifications in the Altegio system is straightforward and cost-free, as it doesn't require any external connection or integration. Emails are dispatched directly from within the system.
To initiate the setup, navigate to “Settings” > “System settings” > “Notifications” > “Types of notifications”. Here, you can select 'Email' as your preferred sending channel. The configuration process for email notifications is similar to that of SMS notifications. However, email notifications offer additional customizable settings for certain types. For more detailed information, please refer to this guide.
Setting up email for customer responses
1. From the main menu, go to “Settings” > “System settings” > “Notifications”, and then select the “Email-notifications” tab.
2. In the right-side window, find and click on the “Reply-to Email” field.
Enter the email address you want to use for customer responses and click “Save”. This email will be displayed in the text of the emails sent out, and responses from clients who receive these emails will be directed to this address. If this field is left blank, replies will default to the email of the first user listed in “Settings” > “System settings” > “Users”.
3.Design. Here, you can modify:
-The background color, which changes the color of the letter's frame.
-The title color.
-The color of various elements like buttons, geolocation icons, and location addresses.
-Choose a color visually or enter a specific hexadecimal color code (for example, #00ff00).
Click the "Save" button to apply your settings.
Push notifications for employees
The Altegio system offers users the ability to set up push notifications within its mobile application, enhancing communication and efficiency. This feature can be accessed through the “Notifications” tab located in the user account settings.
How it works
1. Enabling push notifications at the location level:
To activate push notifications, first ensure they are enabled in your location. Navigate to “Settings” > “System settings” > “Notifications” > “Types of notifications” in the web version of Altegio.
Each user within the location is assigned a specific role, either as an employee or an administrator.
This role designation is crucial as it determines the nature and frequency of notifications each user receives. The assigned role is then integrated into each user's individual settings.
Access this by going to “Settings” > “Users” > [Select User] > “Notifications”.
Once these steps are completed, users will start receiving push notifications tailored to their role and settings.
Setting notifications in the Altegio mobile app
1. Open the side menu in the mobile app for employees and go to Account settings.
2. Go to the Notifications section and select the notifications you want to receive.
If the notification settings are limited, contact the location manager, you need to switch on push notifications in the Settings > Notifications > Types of notifications section.
Setting push notifications on the phone
To receive push notifications, access to receive pop-up notifications from the Altegio application must be enabled in the phone settings.
Notifications are configured differently for different phone models, but the algorithms are similar for the same operating systems.
Setting notifications on iPhone:
- Go to Settings → Notifications → Altegio.
- Switch on the Allow Notification slider.
- To receive sound notifications, switch on the Sounds slider.
- Switch the Badges slider if you want/do not want the number of unseen notifications to be displayed on the application icon on your phone.
Setting notifications on Android:
- Go to Settings → Notifications → App Notifications → Altegio.
- Switch on the Show notifications slider.
- Switch the Show app icon badges slider if you want/do not want the number of unseen notifications to be displayed on the application icon on your phone.
- Switch on Lock screen notifications to receive push notifications.
- To receive sound notifications, switch on the Allow sound slider.
The push notification is not sent if the Do not disturb or Airplane/Flight mode is switched on.
PUSH notifications for clients in Altegio's mobile Apps
Altegio's mobile applications for clients are designed to enhance communication through the use of PUSH notifications. These notifications serve various purposes, significantly improving the user experience.
Benefits and features
• Clients can receive reminders about their upcoming appointments, ensuring they stay informed and prepared.
• After a visit, the application can prompt clients to provide feedback, aiding in service improvement.
• Clients are immediately notified about any changes or cancellations, directly on their mobile devices.
• PUSH notifications are free, offering a substantial saving compared to SMS traffic.
• Unlike SMS, PUSH notifications do not require prior written permission from the client, making the process smoother and more efficient.
• In cases where a PUSH notification cannot be delivered, an SMS notification is sent as a backup, ensuring the message reaches the client.
For detailed information on Altegio’s mobile application development and its benefits for different regions, explore the following article:
- Mobile Application from Altegio for Global Countries
Enhanced notification settings for loyalty programs
Incorporate additional notifications into your chain loyalty program to keep your customers informed and engaged. These settings are particularly beneficial for loyalty cards, promotions, and memberships.
Loyalty card notifications:
• Issuance alert: Notify customers when a new loyalty card is issued.
• Bonus accrual: Inform customers about the accrual of bonuses.
• Bonus deduction: Notify about the deduction of bonuses.
- For detailed guidance on creating loyalty cards and configuring these notifications, click here.
• Discount changes: Alert customers to changes in discount amounts.
• Discount expiry warning: Notify customers about upcoming discount cancellations.
• Bonus changes: Inform about alterations in the amount of accrued bonuses.
• Bonus expiry warning: Alert customers about the imminent reset of accumulated bonuses.
- To learn more about setting up promotions and these notifications, click here.
• Membership expiry: Notify customers about the end of their membership.
• Membership write-off alert: Inform about write-offs related to the membership.
- For comprehensive information on creating memberships click here and for setting up these notifications, click here.
Currently, notifications for chain loyalty can only be set up via the chain interface, with “SMS” as the sending channel. This integration ensures timely and effective communication with your customers, enhancing their experience with your loyalty programs.
• The configuration process for sending notifications may differ based on the selected provider.
For using chatbots, notification settings can often be adjusted within the provider’s own account interface.
Typically, settings for SMS aggregators are managed within Altegio. However, it's essential to verify the specifics with your chatbot provider or SMS aggregator to ensure proper setup.• It's recommended not to use your personal phone number for testing SMS notifications. Certain notification types might not be sent correctly when testing with your own number. Instead, use an alternate number to ensure accurate testing results.
•If you have integration with electronic loyalty cards, consider using Push notifications as an alternative to SMS.
Push notifications can be sent directly to electronic loyalty cards, offering a seamless and efficient way to communicate with cardholders.