What is it and what is it for?
Altegio gives you the opportunity to notify and inform new and regular clients about your services and discounts, appointments made via online booking widget, their upcoming appointment, as well as request feedback after the visit and also inform employees about a new appointment, as well as rescheduling or cancellation of appointments.
You can learn more about the types of notifications in the Types of notifications article.
Setting up SMS notifications
In the main menu go to the Settings — System settings — Notifications section, the SMS-notifications tab will open by default. Make the general notifications setting:
1. Set up an SMS provider. You can use the services of one of the SMS providers to send messages directly and pay for SMS based on communications service providers prices.
Features of connecting to each provider are described in detail in this article.
Select your SMS provider from the list. After that a field will appear where you’ll need to enter the authorization key that you’ll get from your SMS provider.
2. SMS Sender’s name. Here you can specify the name under which messages will be sent. You can discuss the sender’s name with each provider individually.
3. Click the Save button.
Setting up Email notifications
1. In the main menu go to the Settings — System settings — Notifications section and open the Email notifications tab. Set the basic notification settings:
2. Reply-to email. Replies from your clients who received email notifications will be sent to this email.
3. Design. Here you can change:
- Background color
- Heading color
- Color of elements
You can choose a color according to its image or you can specify a color code in the format of three pairs of hex digits (#00ff00)
4. Click the Save button.
Types of notifications
Go to the Settings — System settings — Notifications section and open Types of notifications tab. Here you can configure and switch on/off messages that will be sent automatically when triggered by a certain event. More details can be found here.
We don’t recommend adding emojis to notification templates as the text of the message may be displayed incorrectly for the recipient.