What is it and what is it for?
With Altegio, you can effectively communicate with both new and existing clients by sending them notifications and updates regarding your services, special discounts, and upcoming appointments made through the online booking widget. You can also request feedback from clients after their visit and keep your employees informed about new appointments, rescheduling, and cancellations. Altegio offers a comprehensive communication platform to keep everyone connected and informed.
You can learn more about the types of notifications in the Types of notifications article.
Setting up SMS notifications
To configure general notifications settings, follow these steps:
1. Go to the main menu and navigate to Settings > System settings > Notifications.
2. The SMS-notifications tab will open by default. Here, you can set up the general notifications for your company.
3. Set up an SMS provider. You can use the services of one of the SMS providers to send messages directly and pay for SMS based on communications service providers prices.
Features of connecting to each provider are described in detail in this article.
Select your SMS provider from the list. After that a field will appear where you’ll need to enter the authorization key that you’ll get from your SMS provider.
4. SMS Sender’s name. Here you can specify the name under which messages will be sent. You can discuss the sender’s name with each provider individually.
5. Click the Save button.
Setting up Email notifications
1. In the main menu go to the Settings — System settings — Notifications section and open the Email notifications tab. Set the basic notification settings:
2. Reply-to email. Replies from your clients who received email notifications will be sent to this email.
3. Design. Here you can change:
- Background color
- Heading color
- Color of elements
You can choose a color according to its image or you can specify a color code in the format of three pairs of hex digits (#00ff00)
4. Click the Save button.
Types of notifications
Go to the Settings — System settings — Notifications section and open Types of notifications tab. Here you can configure and switch on/off messages that will be sent automatically when triggered by a certain event. More details can be found here.
It is not recommended to include emojis in notification templates as the text of the message may be displayed incorrectly for the recipient.