It is possible to create chain products and product categories in the chain interface. This setting dispenses with the need for creating categories/products in each location, and also helps to merge products that are located in different locations. Chain products and product categories are marked with a special chain badge.
How to add chain products to locations
If there are no products in the locations yet, add chain categories and products to them. For more details see the article: Creating and setting chain products.
How to transfer products from locations to chain
If the products are added to the locations, but not to the chain, transfer them to the chain using the capabilities of the Inventory – Merge into chain section.
1. Select the Location where you want to transfer products from.
2. Select a Category that is not in the chain yet (or all non-chain categories together by clicking the Move all categories button).
3. Click the Transfer button. After that this category will be displayed in the list of chain categories.
4. From the list of chain categories, select the one you just created.
5. Select the Products in the Resources to manage field to open the list of products and transfer them to the chain inventory. Here you can transfer all the products at once or select a separate product and transfer only it.
6. Click the Transfer everything button (if you choose a mass transfer) or the Transfer (reschedule) button (for a separate product).
Now the transferred products have become chain. To add these products to other locations, see the steps given in the article: Creating and setting chain products.
You can also transfer products from the location to the chain on a mass scale. To do this, go to the Inventory – Merge into chain section, select the location where you want to transfer the products from, and click Transfer all products to the chain.
In the pop-up window select all products (check them) and click Move to chain.
How to merge product categories from locations and categories from chain
If the products are both in the chain and in the location, merge them in the Inventory – Merge into chain section.
1. Select the Location that has the categories you want to combine with the chain ones.
2. Select a Category that is not in the chain yet.
3. Select the chain Category to merge.
4. Specify where to take the main settings from for the merged category: from the chain category settings or from the location category settings.
5. Click the Merge button.
6. From the list of chain categories, select the newly merged one.
7. Select the Products in the Resources to manage field to merge the same products from the location and the chain.
8. Select a Product that is not in the chain yet.
9. Select a chain Product to merge.
10. Specify where to take the main settings from for the merged category: from the chain product settings or from the location product settings.
11. Click the Merge button.
Now the merged product is displayed as a chain in the location.
Combining products (categories) can not be canceled!