There are two types of spaces in Altegio: locations and chains. Locations — with yellow highlight on the left, chains — with purple highlight on the left. Locations and chains have different sections.
To open the chain you need to do the following:
- Click the name of the location in the top left corner.
- In the drop-down list select the desired chain.
Creating membership type
In the chain interface go to the Loyalty > Type of memberships section and click the Add type of subscription button. On the new page that opened indicate all information needed and click the Save button.
General settings tab
1. Indicate membership type name, i.e. Massage membership.
2. Indicate membership Cost.
3. Indicate Duration and Units of measurement for the period (day, month, week, year) as well as when to activate subscription: on first visit or when selling.
If you want the membership to have an unlimited duration, indicate 0 in the proper field.
4. If in the Activate automatically on long non-attendance field you’ve indicated Yes then in the Activate from the moment of sale through (in) field you’ll be able to indicate when a membership should be activated after sale. Learn about this in more detail in the article.
5. Indicate whether it’ll be possible to Freeze subscription. Indicate any freezing period for membership type. Learn about this in more detail in the article.
6. Check the box if you wish to Allow selling subscription without code. You’ll be able to create memberships during sale of which you won’t need to assign a code to them. These memberships will be applicable only if you’ve indicated the client when selling them.
- It’s mandatory to indicate the client in the appointment when selling such membership.
7. You’ll be able to recalculate the service price depending on the cost of the membership. Usually it’s lower than in the price list and this needs to be accounted for, i.e., when calculating payroll.
How recalculation works:
Cost in the Membership type / Amount of services in the membership = Price of service after recalculation.
800/10=80 (price for one service)
8. Allow or don’t allow changing the membership. You’ll be able to allow changing membership in all locations or only where the membership was sold. You’ll be able to change session amount as well as membership duration.
NB! It is impossible to change services in the membership!
9. Check the Availability for sale online box if you plan to sell a membership online. Detailed information on online sales can be found in the article.
10. Select locations this membership will be valid for.
11. Click the Save button.
1. When creating membership type for separate services, select Separated in the Membership Balance field, to create membership type with general balance of sessions select General.
2. Select Category of services and Service this membership will apply to.
3. Indicate number of sessions included in the membership.
4. To add services to the membership click the button .
Sometimes a situation may arise when you need to change the cost of a subscription type that has already been sold before, or create a new subscription, but with the old parameters. This can be done using the "Duplicate Subscription" button.
After that, the subscription type will be copied and will appear on the page marked (2) in the title.
To edit a subscription, click on its name.
Archiving membership type:
- To archive membership type go to the active membership type and find the Archive button in the bottom right corner.
- Archived membership types will be transferred to the Archive of subscription types tab and will no longer appear in the list of products for sale.
- To restore the membership type go to the Archive of subscription types tab and click the action button on the right of the membership name.
- Archived memberships can be used to pay for services.
Read about archiving in the article.
Expiration date that you've selected when configuring membership type will be calculated from the moment you perform payment with membership for the first time.
After creation memberships will appear in locations in Inventory > Products section: related products and Memberships category of products will be created. Memberships will be available for sale to clients (find detailed instructions in the Memberships sale article) and sold memberships will be available for payment (Payment for services with membership).