What is the App Store and Why Do You Need a Developer Account?
The App Store is Apple's dedicated marketplace for a wide range of applications designed for iPhone mobile phones, iPod Touch players, and iPad tablets. It offers the convenience of purchasing or downloading applications, some of which are free.
To publish and monetize your own applications on the App Store, you must have a developer account. This account allows you to register your company name and represent your brand within the App Store platform, where your applications will be made available to users. Additionally, your developer account provides access to valuable download statistics for your applications.
Please note that we cannot upload your app to the Apple App Store without you first registering for a developer account. Creating a personal account on the App Store is a fundamental requirement in the app development process. Keep in mind that you'll need access to an Apple device to create this account. Before you begin the registration process, we strongly recommend thoroughly reviewing the provided instructions.
Creating an Apple ID
An Apple ID is an essential account that grants users access to a wide array of Apple resources.
1. To create your Apple ID, simply click on the provided link. Please note that an Apple ID must be registered under the name of an individual or private entrepreneur.
When collaborating with Apple, it is imperative to provide accurate and truthful information when completing any forms. This practice not only prevents potential issues down the road but also expedites the decision-making process for your inquiries, significantly streamlining the overall procedure. It is not uncommon for minor errors, such as a single typo in the company name or personal details, to necessitate a complete restart of the entire process.
2. Please ensure the confirmation of your email address and phone number.
To finalize your registration and payment for a developer account, it is essential to have access to an Apple device, such as an iPhone or iPad. In the event you do not own an Apple device, you will need to borrow one temporarily to complete the payment and registration process using a third-party device.
Next, we will provide instructions on how to do this securely, ensuring that it does not impact any third-party information on the borrowed device, while safeguarding your personal data (as this device will be your own during this process).
Prepare Your Apple Device
1. Access the "Settings" section on your device, and proceed to the current device owner's account.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, locate the "Sign Out" button, and tap it. You will be prompted to enter your account password. Additionally, please ensure that you choose the option to save copies of your data and keychain on this iPhone. Please note that the logout process may take some time.
3. Once you have successfully logged out of the previous account, proceed to log in with the account you have created for payment purposes. To do this, navigate to the "Settings" section and click on the vacant portrait icon at the top of the page.
Ensure that you select the option to refuse to sync data with this device.
Adding a Payment Method
If you have not yet linked a card to your Apple ID, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Settings > Apple ID > Payment & Shipping.
2. Select "Add payment method."
3. Enter all the necessary card details and complete the attachment process.
4. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone, click the plus (+) icon at the top right, and proceed to add your card.
Setting Up a Passcode and Enabling Touch ID/Face ID
If your device doesn't already have a passcode or Touch ID/Face ID enabled, you'll need to complete this step for the proper functioning of Apple Pay, which will be used to pay for your account.
Here's how to set it up:
1. Go to Settings > Touch ID/Face ID & Password.
2. Create a simple passcode and add your fingerprint or facial recognition data. It's a good practice to make a note of your passcode to avoid forgetting it.
With these security measures in place, you're all set to make payments for your account hassle-free!
Complete registration and payment for your Apple Developer Account
1. Open the App Store app and tap on the search icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. In the search bar, type "Apple Developer" and download the desired application.
3. Once the download is finished, open the app and navigate to the "Account" tab located at the bottom right of the screen.
4. Tap on the "Sign in" button and log in using the developer account associated with this iPhone, the one you intend to use for payment.
5. After successfully logging in, within the same "Account" section, select "Enroll now" and proceed to agree to the user agreement.
6. Subsequently, you will be prompted to confirm your Personal Information.
It is imperative that you furnish precise and honest information concerning the account owner, in alignment with their passport details. The account owner and the sole proprietor, under whom your business is registered, must be one and the same individual.
Should you enroll in the developer program as an Individual while your business operates as an Organization, please be aware that Apple will restrict the publication of applications under such an account.
Upon providing all requisite information, select the "Individual/Sole proprietor" option, and proceed by clicking the "Continue" button.
7. Finalize your membership payment securely by utilizing Apple Pay and the payment confirmation feature, accessible through TOUCH ID/FACE ID.
Membership Fee of $100 Annually
Please note that a one-time annual fee of $100 will be deducted from your account.
You have the option to cancel your subscription post-payment. After one year, no further charges will be applied. To cancel, navigate to SETTINGS > APPLE ID > SUBSCRIPTIONS on this iPhone, select the desired subscription, and follow the cancellation process.
Logging Out and Unlinking Account Data from an iPhone
To securely log out and remove account data from your personal or another person's iPhone, follow these steps:
1. In the Apple Developer app, navigate to the Account tab and click on "Sign Out."
2. In the Wallet app, locate your linked card by tapping on it. Then, at the top right, click on the ellipsis icon and scroll down the page to select "Delete this card."
3. Access Settings > Touch ID/Face ID & Password, enter the password you previously set, and select "Reset Face ID/Touch ID."
4. Proceed to Settings > Apple ID and choose "Sign Out." Enter your password to confirm the sign-out process.
Please note that the logout process may take some time to complete.
When prompted to decide whether to leave the keychain and data on this iPhone upon exit, please choose to retain copies of all data on the device, just as you did previously.
It's worth noting that this message pertains to the iPhone owner's data, and since our actions were not synchronized during your login, this is specific to the device owner's information.
Once you have successfully paid for your developer account, you will be required to transfer access to us by providing your account login and password to firstname.lastname@example.org.