In Altegio, managers and administrators can control user access rights to essential information and platform features. For instance, access to client contact information and colleagues' schedules. Configuring access rights accurately will enable employees to work solely with the required sections and data, assuring the protection of business-critical information.
The new User role feature allows the owner or manager of the company easily and quickly set the necessary access rights for the users.
All previously invited users are assigned roles automatically according to previously configured access rights.
How does it work?
To ensure that each user has the appropriate level of access in Altegio, it is important to assign them the correct role. This should be done when inviting a new user to the platform or by editing the role of an existing user.
In Altegio, it is also possible to copy access rights from one user to another or to edit and change roles as needed. For more information on how to manage user roles and access rights, please refer to the relevant article in our documentation.
Each role is assigned a certain set of recommended access rights that will be enabled automatically, as well as a set of additional rights that can be assigned if necessary.
Altegio offers the following roles for user configuration:
• Employee: provides services to clients.
• Administrator: responsible for managing bookings and payments.
• Accountant: responsible for managing payroll and financial records.
• Manager: oversees the operations of a specific location.
• Owner: has full access and control over all features and information within the platform.
The full list of all the permissions and access rights for each role can be viewed in the Settings > System settings > Users > user > Access rights tab.
Setting up a new user role
In Settings — System settings — Users section, click the Invite users button.
To invite users to Altegio, follow these steps:
1. Enter the name, phone number, or email of the user(s) in the designated fields.
2. If you are inviting an existing user(s), make sure to specify the phone number or email they use to log into Altegio.
3. Click the "Invite users" button.
Below, select the user role from the list for the employee to which the user will be assigned. Next, configure access rights.
Click the Send button below and select Send or Send and invite more if you want to invite other users.
Editing the role and access rights of an existing user
The user role and access rights can be changed and edited. If the user has been previously invited but has not been assigned a role, a role can also be assigned.
Editing the role
1. In the main menu, go to the Settings > System settings > Users section. Click the username and go to the Access rights tab.
2. To change the role, click on the Edit button in the Role field. If you return to the previous role, the settings will be saved.
3. To change the employee (for the "Specialist" role) who will be associated with this user, select the employee from the drop-down list. If you need to unlink an employee from a user, click on the name and select the Not selected option.
4. To grant or remove rights to a role, click on the three dots in the Access rights field and select the desired option.
To grant or remove all rights to a section, use the toggle.
To add additional access rights, click on the arrow next to the switch and then expand the Additional line. From the drop-down list, select the required options or check the boxes.
To grant or remove access rights for a section, click on the three dots next to its name and select the required options.
Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
Copying access rights
To avoid having to set the same access rights again, you can copy them for another user. Copying rights is available both at the stage of sending an invitation and for a user already added to the location.
To copy access rights:
From the main menu go to the Settings > System settings > Users section. Click on the username and go to the Access rights tab if the user is already added to the location. If you want to send an invitation, click on the Invite users button.
In the Access rights field, click on the Copy button.
Select a user from the list whose rights you want to copy. You can use the search option to find a user quickly. Click the "Apply" button.
The copied rights will be added to the user settings.
We are working on improving and optimizing the user roles feature.
If you do not see enough access rights in a role template, please let your manager know. You can find the contact details of your manager in the Overview > Summary section. Your suggestions will play a big role in improving this feature.