The Analytics > Reports > Customer Retention section demonstrates the efficiency of employees and the results of their work with clients.
Customers for the period
It displays the number of unique customers for the selected period. Only those clients that have an appointment with the Arrived status are taken into account.
1. It is unique clients that are displayed, not bookings, i.e. there might be many bookings for a period, but the employee had only one client.
2. The same client could visit different employees, so the total number of clients for all employees might be more than the total number of clients for the period. For example, a client received a massage from one employee, and a manicure from another.
It displays the number of clients who have not visited this employee before. The indicator is calculated by comparing customers for the current and past periods. Calculation scheme:
- The system receives the number of customers for the current period (Customers indicator)
- The system receives the number of clients for the previous period (up to the current date)
- The system compares unique clients and selects those who were in this period, but did not get into the previous one – this is considered a new client.
- The number of clients for the current period is 100.
- The number of clients for the previous period is 1000.
- 45 clients out of 100 do not fall into the list of 1000 clients, therefore these 45 clients are considered the new ones.
The Returning customers indicator takes into account the entire previous period and does not depend on the specified period of customer loss (read more about this indicator in the article – Customer Retention and Returning customers).
Customer Retention Rate
The Customer Retention rate shows the percentage of those customers who made visits during a given previous period and returned during the current one (read more about this indicator in the article – Customer Retention and Returning customers).